The University of Southampton joins DEDALUS project
We are delighted to announce that the Web and Internet Science Research Group of the University of Southampton joined DEDALUS, European project under the ERASMUS+ that started in November 2019.
DEDALUS stands for Developing Data Literacy courses for University Students, which is the main aim of the project. Another aim is addressing the data literacies gap between industry and academia, providing connections between data literacy trained graduates and businesses in need of staff with these competencies.
The aims of this project are very much in line with the objectives of our research group, consisting of addressing the challenges arising from the interaction between computational and human constituents within a continuous evolution of data and information systems.
This is a joint project in a consortium led by the the Istituto per le Tecnologie Didattiche (ITD), a research institute of the National Research Council (CNR) of Italy. Other partners are:
- Dataninja, an award-winning company providing innovative data-driven services.
- Vilnius University, a Higher Education Institution that seeks to provide high level universal education, encourages active international partnership with businesses and fosters coherent and open society.
- Blinc, a German cooperative of blended learning institutions specialised in e-learning projects.
- Universidad de AlcalÃ¡, a Spanish university with broad expertise in providing data science and data literacy education.
- University of Novi Sad, a high profile Serbian university with broad expertise in technology and data science.
- University of Milan, a prestigious Italian university with disciplinary areas where Data Literacy is relevant.